2019-2020 School Registration Information:
- Eastern region – Wednesday, November 20, Washtenaw Community College
- Western region – Friday, November 22, at the Kent Intermediate School District
Please reserve Friday, January 10, 2020 for the showcase and competition in the Lansing Capitol Complex. Students and volunteers will be assigned to various locations throughout the Lansing Capitol Complex. Awards will occur in the Boji Tower Hearing Room for all participants.
*Everyone is welcome to compete and showcase at the state finals and showcase. You do not need to compete or showcase at a district to participate. Please bring your teams to have meaningful Constitutional dialogue!
Schools: Sign Up to Compete or Showcase this January!
Registration and Payment Information
Please Complete the Registration Form here or http://bit.ly/MIwethepeople2019.
Paying for a We the People team?
MCCE has tailor the price of a school’s attendance based on the side of the class. Since registration also pays for lunch, this is a more accurate reflection of the price of attendance.
Schools with up to 18 students:
- If paying by check, $250
- If paying via PayPal, $260 (to cover increased administrative fees) – You can add to your cart to pay below.
Schools with over and including 18 students:
- If paying by check, $280
- If paying via PayPal, $290 (to cover increased administrative fees) – You can add to your cart to pay below.
Checks may be made payable to:
- Michigan Center for Civic Education
- Attn: We the People
- 306 Townsend St.
- Lansing, MI 48933
Add to your cart to pay online!
Schools with under 18 students
Schools with over 18 students
Competition and Showcase Information:
- Rules for the High School Competition
- List of this year’s District Level Hearing Questions
- List of this year’s State Hearing Questions for the 2019 2020 State Showcase and Competition
For additional information on scoring, judge instructions, and hearing examples, visit the Center for Civic Education at: http://www.civiced.org/wtp-the-program/hearings/high-school.
MCCE also thanks the offices of Senator Ananich and the Secretary of the Senate Offices for their assistance in getting needed rooms at the Capitol. Thank you to all members and staff of the House and Senate for sharing your space with us.